Our Corporate Social Responsibility purpose is to:
- Treat all colleagues with dignity and respect in an inclusive and fair working environment. Promote equality of opportunity for all.
- Reduce our carbon footprint, provide value for money and ensure ASA’s practices are environmentally sustainable
- Engage, inspire and develop colleagues whilst proactively seeking to support our local community
What is Corporate Responsibility?
Corporate Responsibility is the action we take to ensure we are not only a responsible employer towards our colleagues but also that we recognise and manage our impact on the wider community, for example reducing our carbon footprint and maintaining environmentally responsible business practices.
Why Corporate Responsibility?
Embedding Corporate Responsibility into operational activities will make us a more efficient organisation by reducing our operational costs, creating a more engaged and diverse workforce, providing development opportunities for colleagues and building closer links with our local community.
Our Corporate Responsibility programme brings together our various activities into three streams of work: diversity and equality, footprint and sustainability and volunteering and community.
We are committed to acting in a responsible manner, ensuring that:
As an employer, we:
- Treat all colleagues with the dignity and respect they are entitled to
- Commit to equality of opportunity for all, irrespective of race, disability, gender (including gender re-assignment), age, religion or belief; enabling us to make the best and most effective decisions and to utilize fully the talents of all colleagues
- Consider our economic, social and environmental impacts, and encourage our colleagues to adopt responsible behaviour
- Inspire and develop our colleagues and ensure we support our local community
- We recognise that people are our most valuable asset and their performance is the key to the quality of service we provide. Through investing in our recruitment, training and development of employees we will retain the best possible talent. We adopt best practice in HR and training and aim to be an employer of choice.
As a corporate, we:
- Commit to the need to eliminate unlawful discrimination
- Address the need to adopt socially and environmentally responsible behaviour
- Lead by example in promoting equality, diversity and human rights
- Reduce our carbon footprint and ensure we are environmentally sustainable in our practices
- Demonstrate our commitment to being a good corporate citizen
- We dictate a high level of quality with robust management systems and a safe working environment.
- Through excellent planning, employing quality people, and a commitment to innovation and value we understand, meet and aim to exceed the needs and expectations of our members & clients.
- We will benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to constantly improve our
- competitive edge in the Marketplace
- We will continually benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to improve our CSR performance
As a contracting company we expect our suppliers of products and services (and their sub-contractors) to:
- Share our approach to corporate responsibility and commitment to equality and diversity through their policies, principles and actions
- Understand and comply (or have plans for compliance) with all legislation relevant to their business (and their interactions with our organisation) covering such matters as environmental protection, discrimination, employment, minimum wage, health and safety, equality of treatment for all the diversity strands including making reasonable adjustments for disabled workers and to have policies, where appropriate, and to actively monitor performance against such policies
- Communicate openly and honestly with us so we can support and develop our mutual commitment to corporate responsibility
- Manage their suppliers of products and services responsibly
- Maintaining a strong and competent service, treating clients as mutual partners and working with sub-contractors, suppliers and our workforce fairly and ethically.